Creamy Avocado Pesto & Sundried Tomato Spaghetti
Ready in 30 minutes
150g wholewheat spaghetti/linguine
8-10 sundried tomatoes, drained
Salt and pepper to taste
Rocket leaves to serve
For the creamy pesto sauce:
1 garlic clove
15g basil (a few handfuls)
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2-3 tbsp unsweetened dairy-free milk
2 tsp nutritional yeast flakes
- Soak the cashew nuts in boiling water for at least 20 minutes, which will help them to break down in the blender into a super smooth sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the instructions on the packet, reserving a cup of pasta water before draining and setting to one side.
- Drain the cashews and add to a blender/food processor along with all of the other pesto ingredients. Blend until you have a nice smooth, thick sauce.
- Fry the sundried tomatoes in a tablespoon of olive oil for 1-2 minutes, allowing them to infuse the oil. Then add the creamy pesto sauce and the pasta to the pan.
- Stir together and add a couple of tablespoons of the reserved pasta water which will thin the sauce a little and help make it even more silky and creamy.
- Plate up with the extra chopped avocado pieces and fresh rocket leaves on top. Feel free to add some toasted pine nuts or additional greens, such as peas or beans, to the dish as well!