Sticky Miso Salmon and Coconut Rice Traybake
Ready in 1 hour 15 minutes
2 sustainably sourced salmon fillets
100g brown rice
125g sweet potato, chopped into 2cm chunks
250ml coconut milk
100g longstem broccoli
100g edamame/soy beans, blanched for a few minutes in boiling water
A handful of coriander, chopped
1 large spring onion (2 smaller ones)
1 tsp soy sauce
Zest of 1 lime
For the marinade:
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp brown miso paste (I use organic)
1 tbsp mirin
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp rice wine vinegar
Juice of half a lime
1/2 a red chilli
2cm chunk ginger, finely diced
1 garlic clove, finely diced
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan.
- Add the rice, chopped sweet potato, coconut milk, lime zest and soy sauce to a roasting tin. Cover with foil and cook in the oven for approximately 35-40 minutes until most of the liquid has been absorbed and the rice is getting tender.
- In the meantime, mix together all of the marinade ingredients into a large bowl. Add the salmon and coat the fillets completely in the marinade. Cover and pop in the fridge to marinade for around half an hour while the rice is cooking.
- Remove the foil from the traybake. Place the salmon fillets on top of the traybake and then coat the longstem broccoli in any remaining marinade left in the bowl. Cook the traybake without the foil for a further 15-20 minutes, until the salmon is cooked, adding the broccoli and edamame beans around 10 minutes before the salmon is ready.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander and spring onions over the top of the traybake to serve!