Pizza Bianca Di Lulu
Ready in 2 hours
The other week I fancied making a pizza to showcase some of the lovely veggies in season and the result was delicious! A delicate creamy ricotta base, with notes of lemon and basil, topped with vibrant courgette ribbons, mozarella, artichokes and parmesan shavings.
I made my dough using a Gino D’Acampo recipe with a mix of wholemeal and white flour for a healthier base, but all-white works really well with these summery flavours! I like to serve with chilli flakes and/or chilli oil alongside a fresh garden salad. Buon Appetito!
150g ricotta cheese
1 ball of mozzarella
1 courgette (mix of green and yellow)
6-8 jarred artichokes, drained
Zest of 1 lemon
1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
10g chopped basil leaves (a large handful)
20g parmesan shavings
Salt and black pepper to taste
Extra basil leaves
Chilli flakes/chilli oil
- Make your pizza dough according to your favourite recipe. I have included the link to the simple Gino D’Acampo recipe that I use above for my base. I sub 50/50 wholemeal to white flour.
- Prepare the delicious white base by mixing together the ricotta, lemon zest, chopped basil, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- Roll out the dough to make two round pizza bases and spread the ricotta mix on evenly.
- Dress the courgette ribbons in a little olive oil then add to the pizza along with the torn mozzarella, jarred artichokes, parmesan shavings and a little extra fresh basil.
- Cook for 14-15 mins at 240C/220C fan then serve up with your favourite green salad and chilli flakes/oil.